About The Food Sustainability Report
Seven reasons to read The Food Sustainability Report:
- Our aim is simple – to report on how global food business engages with sustainability.
- We bring you the stories and food business activities that impact strategy, the environment, people, policy and communities.
- We alert you to emerging sustainability issues
- We introduce you to the food business sustainability leaders bringing about change.
- We look at the stakeholders who are shaping food sustainability
- We consider what this all means for consumers and markets
- We seek out comment and analysis from the experts and researchers bringing sustainability insights.
About Dr Michael Heasman
The Food Sustainability Report was founded and is edited and written by Dr Michael Heasman.
Michael has been a researcher, teacher, writer and consultant in the area of food policy for more than 25 years. His most recent book is the fully revised 2nd edition of Food Wars: The Global Battle for Mouths, Minds, and Markets (2015) written with Professor Tim Lang.
He has worked at a number of universities as a teacher and researcher including the University of Bradford, Harper Adams University, Aalborg University, Metropol (Copenhagen), University of Alberta, the Centre for Food Policy (now at City University, London), University of Reading, and the School of Oriental and African Studies. He completed his PhD at the Food Policy Research Unit, University of Bradford.
Michael has also worked as a freelance consultant for government, business and civil society organisations in a number of European countries, the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, and is co-author of two further books Consumption in the Age of Affluence: the World of Food (1996) and The Functional Foods Revolution: Healthy People, Healthy Profits? (2001).